Scheduled Service Intervals?

Hello all,

Last October, I was fortunate enough to find a nice 2000 XK8 with about 13k miles on the clock. It was at a dealer, and in the "Select Edition" program, if that makes any difference.

Anyway, my previous Jags ('91 XJ-S and '91 Sovereign) had actual "service intervals" listed in the "Passport to Service" manual I received with the car... I believe they were at 7500m intervals (but I don't have the book anymore) One of the manuals also listed the "checklist" for what things were done at each service.

I could have sworn the dealer told me the XK8 had it's first service due at 6 months, and that they'd send me a letter "reminding" me when the time came. No letter arrived, so today I called to check and the service person told me scheduled service is due every 10k miles or 1 year.

Looked in ALL the manuals, and can't find ANY info on scheduled service, except "Do it." :-) And the "Passport to Service" only has "blank" places for the dealer stamp... no mileage OR time recommendations.

Am I just missing it? Can someone point me to the place where the intervals are specified?

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Philip Bailey

Phil, we have a 2003 X-Type, and everything is on a 10K Mile schedule for service, unless you read inside the manuals and they want you to bring the cat in for service annually. Give you a good example, the X is my wife's and she drives maybe 6K per year. The dealer gave us a 5K, or 6 month free oil change. Did it at 2600 miles. Our 10K year 1 service will be done with maybe

7K miles, if we go on vacation south of New England (where we live in the Boston area). They schedule time as much as miles on the new car warranty, and I understand that they schedule the same way on the Certified Select Edition Program. BTW our warranty book has the list of services to be performed, and has a blank spot for the dealer stamp. I have a funny feeling that Jag realizes that this is their last chance in America and wants to make it right. Try jaguar.com and specify your country for used car service. If, as I assume, you are American, there is a complete explanation about certified used cars. My email is not munged-contact me directly if desired. Paul
Reply to
taltos

As far as i'm aware its the same for a 3.0l V6 S-Stype (1999 to 2003 models). Service every 10k miles or 1yr. With the special 'long life' spark plugs chnaged every 30k miles.

Alex

Reply to
ale