Wiring Diagram - post 88 XJS speedometer

Hi All

As some of you will have seen from my earlier post, I am trying to work out how to drive the speedometer of my 85 XJS using a differential mounted transducer from a late 3.6 XJS. From the lack of replies, I assume no-one knows how I should proceed, which is fine, but I need to see a wiring diagram for an XJS with a diff monunted transducer so that I can work out a way ahead.

I have searched high and low on the web, but can't find any resources there apart from buying another manual. As I don't own a post 88 car and I already have a Jaguar manual which covers my own car, the price (around 60 UK pounds) is a little excessive to look at one drawing.

Please please please could some kind soul scan and e-mail me the information I need. I suspect it will be one or two pages at the most in a supplement at the back of the workshop manual for XJS 3.6 & 4.0L models.

I hope someone can help me, I'm getting short on cash and long on frustration when all I want to do is get my lovely Jag back on the road.

Stevieshutts

Reply to
Steve Shuttleworth

Steve,

Some of us are just slothlike.....sorry.

I have done the work for you and now all you need to do is choose....

However this is the outfit I recommend...they make their own line. =) Give em a call for free consultation.

Best of Luck, Blake

Reply to
DieInterim

Thanks Blake

As it turns out, I don't need to change the calibration. I managed to get hold of a speed transducer module off a 1989 3.6 today, and the guy who gave it to me also had a wiring diagram for the car. Having run a couple of new wires, the speedo and computer came on line.

Not sure if the thing was accurate, I tested it it the most precise way known to man; I followed a stream of traffic at 40mph on a road with a fixed speed camera and as I slowed with the traffic past the camera, it read exactly 30mph!

Now all I have to do is work out why the cruise control doesn't work - probably the vacuum module on the engine.

Stevieshutts

Reply to
Steve Shuttleworth

I have a similar problem, I have an 89 XJ-S, and changed the rear end, now I need to figure out how to change to a transmission mounted transducer instead of a differential... anyone have any advice?

snipped-for-privacy@JamesBurt.com

Reply to
JamesBurt