x300

Thinking about buying a 95 X300 - What should I look for ?

Reply to
Stuart Adair

One with a V-12 ---- otherwise will all have to sit and listen to you complain.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

You know - I love it when you all take notice. You reckon a V12 would fit???

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

But seriously -- I just got one and the jag-lovers.org site was great for research. The one I got had all the classic problems (cup-holder, tilt-reach mechanisms, rear diff leak, display on the clock ). But at least I knew what to look for.

While you're looking under car (at the rear diff) one thing I didn't check for (but don't have a prob with anyway) was possible corrosion under the rear fender wells. I think I got that info from the alldata.com web-site that lists all the service notices for the model.

I had never owned a Jaguar, but be sure to check each body panel to be sure the serial numbers match.

I think somewhere along April/May 1995 they started putting the glove boxes in, so there are some 95's with no glovebox -- real minor point, I guess.

Unless, you're already a Jaguar mechanic, find an independent Jaguar mechanic for an inspection -- I found one for $85. Or go to the dealer for $200.

Then, after buying the car, order the maintenance CD from the Jaguar-Daimler Heritage Trust (links to it can be found at jag-lovers.org). Even if you don't do your own work, it's good info that's more detailed than the owner's manual.

I know these cars don't come up for sale often, but I would say hold out for a nice one.

Reply to
smartobject

Reply to
Stuart Adair