Fitting Lambda sensors on X300 / XJ6

I need some help, please

Both oxygen sensors on my 1996 3.2 XJ6 (X300) need replacing. I have purchased the correct replacement parts LHE1682BA (front) LHE1682AA (rear)

Now is the stupid question: the 2 sensors are a foot apart on separate pipes, which is the rear sensor and which is the front one?

Before someone says "look at the ref. number on the old ones", the previous owner had fitted universal type sensors, both have the same number.

Help!

Reply to
Clive SF