XJ12 Wheels-Tires

Acquired a set of 4 today, 16 inch alloy wheels, directional tires with a little tread left on them. Holes in the centers I suppose for "growler" inserts (not included). No idea what model year car they are from, but they are the same bolt pattern as my 88 XJ40. Anybody know if they may possibly work on my car, before I go to the work of jacking it up? If they wont work, I guess Ill try to find them a new home :o) Many thanks, Nathan

Reply to
Belinda Bates

Are they Jaguar rims? ...ANY Chevy-pattern wheel will match the bolt pattern.

I probably couldn't tell you, even if I had the information, but you need to at least give the tire size (ie, 2xx/xx-16) and the rim width and backspace dimensions for anybody to be able to give an intelligent opinion.

Original stock tire size was 205/70-15 for the American version of the

88 XJ6, but many owners have since gone to 215/70's to get performance replacement tires... any change in size may affect the rolling circumference, and thus the speedometer reading, and the width of the tire and the rim offset will determine whether it "fits" or rubs inside your wheelwells.

Here's a tool that will help compare the width and revs/mile of different tire sizes:

Easiest method may be to try fitting them.

Reply to
WayneC

Thanks for the info. Ill have to go look to see the exact size of the tires, and will post. I do know they came off an XJ12 convertible (dont know what model), and I do know them to be genuine Jaguar wheels. They appear to be about 3/4 inch wider and that much taller (mounted) than the stock 88 wheels. Not a huge amount, but no idea how close everything is under there. Youre right, I may have to just try one o for size :o) The fellow (former owner) also gave me 2 stock wheels with pretty good tires. I had to take the lot to get them (hes an old time Jag fan). No regrets yet, even though I dont think the 16's have much resale value. Thanks again, Nathan

Reply to
Belinda Bates