Re: new X-type

Yeah, I'm betting someone deep in the bowels of the marketing department at Ford had a hunch this would be the case. It was a genious marketing move on Ford's part to built the X-Type. Build a decent, appealing car, on a proven chassis, with a historic nameplate, price it so just about anyone can afford it and you have an instant winner. Kudos to Ford. GM, are you listening????

Tim

> >Sounds like a good deal for a *really* fun car. As someone who has >> >spent a couple of decades in BMW and Audis, I can tell you that the >> >Jaguar, even an X-Type, is perceived as something completely >> >different, and somehow more desirable, than the German marques. You >> >*are* getting it in Phoenix Red, aren't you? =;^) >> >> Interesting comment. Since I bought the Jag S-Type R in November, I >> get so many "nice car" and "Oh wow, you have a Jaguar" type >> complements. My previous car was a BMW 540i and it seems like it was >> just another face in the crowd. I have definately noticed the >> perception that you speak of. Its weird. > >Less weird for you than for me. Even *I* (jaded by decades of fine >German machines) would be impressed by an S-Type *R*. But the people >of which we speak are simply inexplicably overly impressed by the >*marque*, not the car (an X-Type in my case), often failing to realize >that some X-Types sell for less than their optioned-out SUVs.
Reply to
Hey Now!

*SHHHHH!* They might hear you! Whaddya want - a $20K SAAB?

-- C.R. Krieger AWD Jaggin'

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Ummm, yeah! That would be great. I owned Saabs exclusively from 1978 to 1995.

Reply to
Hey Now!

[Look folks, he walked right into it. I can't let a straight line like that go!]

Well, *that* would explain a lot ... =8^O

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

GM ruined Saab in 1994. If I could buy a "Saab" and not an Opel for

20k, I would. Alas, Saabs no l>> >> >
Reply to
Hey Now!