'03 TJ high seat-backs??

Any body tried doing anything about these dumb ultra-high front seat-backs that block your view when you try to back up or look out the right rear window? They're also too damn low. The seats in my '99 were perfect. Why does Chrysler insist on changing things that don't need and changes?!

Reply to
j carter

Funny, my wife borrowed my jeep yesterday and said the same thing. Couldn't see back when she tried to reverse.

Reply to
Phinz

I bought speat spacers from this guy.

the seats 1.5" makes a huge difference. I can actually see the hoodnow. Shipped fast, easy to install, work great, but maybe a little expensive for

Reply to
Ice

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Nathan on this newsgroup also hates these seats. I also agree. Seats are WAY to low, and backs are WAY too high.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Are these the same seats found in '04? If so, I'll trade you for my '00 seats.... :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yeah, and then try to sue DC when you're hit from behind and end up in the back seat with a broken neck because your aftermarket seat mounts failed.

Reply to
bllsht

What other options are there?

-Muuurgh

Reply to
Muuurgh

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

There's a HUGE blind spot directly in back that the mirrors don't cover. Try it!

Reply to
j carter

Learning how to back up?

I don't get it here.. I own an 03 and back it into parking stalls daily with no problems what-so ever...

Reply to
Bill

I don't know that backing up would be the issue for me. In fact I have little opinion at all right now, my new Jeep hasn't arrived yet. I thought it would be nicer to sit up a little higher, and be able to see the hood. But if there is any safety concern whatsoever, there is no need for this luxury.

There are a lot of short, sarcastic regulars around here.

-Muuurgh

Reply to
Muuurgh

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

"sarcastic regulars" is an understatement.........

Reply to
j carter

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Okay through all of this reality, I can't tell whether or not the spacers are actually a safety concern or not. I came here to ask some knowledgeable people, but so far I think I am falling short.

-Muuurgh

Reply to
Muuurgh

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I love the tall seats. I wish I had them in my '97. When I test drove some rubicons (pretending I could afford one a couple years ago when I didn't even have a job yet...hehe), I thought they were great. Of course, I'm 6'5"...

Reply to
Bob

Is that how you plan your life? By if and when you can sue some company for your misfortunes? Try avoiding accidents and taking personal responsibility to begin with. Then whether you can sue someone or not doesn't seem to make as big of a difference.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Reply to