'06 tj problem

I started my jeep yesterday ,I heard a "pop" and the idle ran up to 3000 rpm,I tapped the gas pedal several times and it didn't idle down,I took alook under the hood and seen a hose off probably from the epa system I put the hose back on and fixed the problem,lucky I wasn't in traffic and needed stop,has anyone had this happen ?

Reply to
lurk

The hose is probably old and doesn't fit tightly anymore, you might think about replacing it or, sometimes, you can trim a little off the end to get it to fit tightly again.

Reply to
XS11E

that or a ziptie

Reply to
DougW

Good idea, or a hose clamp. Sometimes zip ties don't last if the area is very hot but it's always worth a shot, just carry a couple of extras with you.

Reply to
XS11E

thanks for the suggestions....glad I wasn't in traffic or paking in a tight spot or someone walking in front of me,just a heads up also for others on this problem

Reply to
lurk