12v relays

I found some at a local Electronics Supplier store in Riverside, CA. They are pretty large, and the contacts can take several amps of load. They were solder type though.

Reply to
CRWLR

Nate, this is a case where size doesn't matter...lol. What you are looking for is the amp rating for the relay....30 amps is a pretty routine relay in the 12v world...if you need more than 30 amp service I think you are going to have to go to a specialty type relay...try some of the larger places like JEGS, Macromotive etc.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Prinz

On the other hand, 30 amps at 12 volts is 360 watts. I can't think of an automotive load that is this large.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Watts equals volts multiplied by amperes.... 12 volts times 30 amperes is

360 watts... at least according to Ohm's law it is. ;)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

The last I heard, 30 x 12 = 360. For 30 amps to equal 180 watts, the voltage would have to be limited to 6 volts.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 10/29/03 09:31, CRWLR uttered for posterity:

Even on a measly little sports car, the heater blower would blow a 25 amp fuse.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Not to cast dispersions on the webmaster of that site, but unless an "Amper" is 0.5 ampere DC, Power in watts is still equal to Volts x Amperes and a 30 ampere load at 12 volts is still 360 watts. To be picky, it is somewhere between about 300 and 450 watts unless it has a separate regulator.

Approximately 10/29/03 11:18, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Umm..

Right.