2008 Liberty Ltd.

I just bought the new Liberty 08 with the Skyslider feature. I had a hell of a time finding one. What's up with that. I am curious about the 17 inch Victory rims. They are "aluminum painted". Is this powder coated..or?

What are the best detailing products to use in general and the rag top in particular? The car is black BTW.

Skyslider

Reply to
lassie81623

That Skytop... er Skyslider looks like a pretty cool feature, but as you might imagine there is nothing new under the sun .

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Hi Skyslider, We have been using Aerospace 303 protectant on our Wrangler tops here with excellent results. Be aware that there is also a 303 Cleaner, don't get the two confused. It also works well on clear vinyl windows and as a treatment for plastic trim like dashes etc. It's a tad pricey but a bottle goes a long long ways. You can get it on the net at several places, look for the best price. Les '07 Wrangler X 2door 6 speed

Reply to
LS

I was talking about that with a friend Jeff...you are right. Early ones were leather I guess. Maybe you recall the early 60's VW beetles with removable canvas roof.

Skyslider

Reply to
Skyslider

OK Gotcha. I'm going to get some. "Jethro" the local Jeep parts guy is completely clueless. Price is secondary issue for the SS top because I don't want to think about repairs/replacement in 5 years of summer sun/sand here in the desert.

Skyslider

Reply to
Skyslider

There is some company in Europe that makes (or made) that roof as an assembly, I THINK the VW roof was an actual canvas roof but I know Mercedes and Peugeot used the same basic roof. As a matter of fact Studebaker probably got the idea from Mercedes because they were the US distributer for Mercedes in the early 60's. That's also where they got the idea for the Lark and Hawk grills of that era too.

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Just returned from 8 hour trip. These headlights are a disaster-awful-- even the high beams SUK. Suggestions to replace bulbs with another brand or can I bitch to Jeep?

Skyslider

2008 Liberty Ltd. 4X4
Reply to
Skyslider

There's a reason why you more often than not will see Jeeps with auxiliary lighting. :) I've got a pair of Hella 500 driving lights for those really, really dark nights.

If you're just wanting to replace the headlamp bulbs, try the Sylvania Xtravision in the purple and black package. Exact same bulb as the high-end, high-cost SilverStar, but with lower cost, longer life, and higher light output all thanks to the lack of blue coating on the glass.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Wonder if the euro Jeeps have different lights ? The ones on my TJ are pretty good. (H4 halogens).

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

The bulbs may be identical but you folks get E coded lamps/lenses while on the other side of the pond we get DOT approved junk that hasn't significantly improved since the 60's.

One of the common mods is to buy E coded lamps for installation over here. The beam focus is much better and there is less spill-over.

Reply to
DougW