4.0 Oil pressure

What do most 4.0's run as a hot oil pressure? I seem to be about 20 or so idle and 35-40 driving? is this normal?

Reply to
Jeff

Yup, perfect.

Mike

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

My '94 4.0 has 61k on the clock and w/10w-30 oil runs around 25 psi at idle,

45 - 50 psi fully warmed up at around 2000 rpm. I installed a rebuilt 232 in my '76 CJ5 which now has about 5k miles on it. It's about the same at idle, maybe a bit more at 2000 rpm.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Yep. As long as you have 10 psi or more per 1000 rpm, you should be fine.

Reply to
TJim

My brother drover his 86 Comanche 4.0 for a month without oil pressure. Said it smoked too much when he put oil in it. I drove it with no oil pressure one day when he helped me move. It didn't make any noise and drove fine.

Reply to
noone