85 CJ engine swap

What is the most economical relatively simple engine swap for an 85 CJ , 300

000 km 258. My auto 904 tran is making a grinding noise when put into reverse so I might as well swap it as well. I think I would like to stay away from computers etc...as I will not have a complete doner vehicle. I will look for something from the local scrap yard. I have moser 1 piece axles. I was thinking of a carbed chev 350 with auto trans and then and adapter to my D300 transfer case. Any other recomendation.
Reply to
habbi

L.W.(ßill)