88 Comanche water pump

Howdy all,

I have a question about a water pump fitting. I bought a new water pump. Took the old one off and found that there was about a 6 inch threaded pipe attached to a coolant hose on the top. I thought no biggie, just remove it and put it on the old. Well, no such luck. I cannot get the pipe off. I went to autozone with the new pump and seen connectors, but none fit.

Any idea where to get one of these threaded pipes? Is this something that I will probably have to have made?

Thanks!

Jim

Reply to
cowboy67

Superman Hughes TrollKiller of scum 24bit & squarewheel

Should be a standard thread - if it's threaded. The ones I've bothered to pull apart were pressed in and were in the housing when I got them. Last time I changed the pump on my '88 4.0, it had everything already there - just had to get past the crud around the mount and replace the corroded bolts. Seems to me they "forgot" a part when they built (or rebuilt) it.

Reply to
Will Honea

Yeah, there isn't any type of nut that I can get a hold of. The problem now is not getting it off, but finding a new one to put on my new pump. Is there a part number? I went to Autozone and they had some, but none of the threads fit.

THanks!

Jim

Reply to
cowboy67