'89 YJ 4.2 fuel pump leaking oil?

I've had fuel pumps on other cars go on me, but this is the first time I saw one leak oil. Not around the gasket either! Usually they fail when they just can't get the fuel up to the carb. I guess after 17 years I can't complain. Joe

Reply to
Joe C

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Mine is leaking oil also. Not a lot, but it is wet. I have been thinking on a new one too.

I don't think mine is leaking gas because my oil seems to be used at a normal rate and the gas mileage is stable.

Mike

Mike Romain

Some fuel pumps have a pivot pin that can get loose and leak oil. If there is that much wear it is time to replace it, although it probably won't fail any time soon.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I had an '87 Monte Carlo SS with the Aero Coupe rear window. I loved it. I traded it in on a rust bucket Karmann Ghia convertible for my wife "to restore". We never could get the convertible top to stop leaking. I hated that car. We must have put $20,000 into it. Don't ever try to flat tow one with a weak steering stabilizer. Where was I?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I was clocked by the Colorado State Patrol doing 88 once. I built the engine mild, but I had everything, down to the crank pulley, balanced by professionals. Picture a smoothed dash, black, with a bright yellow Blaupunkt Nevada in the middle. Then I got tired of it, and sold it to another enthusiast. I am going to keep the Jeep, as long as I can keep it running. Then I am going to put it in the yard on blocks, just like about ten other old coots in town. At least we don't have junk car ordinances here.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

They aren't 'junk cars' they are 'unrestored classics available for public appreciation.'

Reply to
billy ray

Like this one

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Exactly!!

The display should be properly on a pedestal and the rear statuary should be brought forward. The grounds are correctly planted with native grasses growing in their natural state.

The white sculpture expresses the artists frustration on the commercialization of the holy season in regard to fallen false Gods as depicted towards the rear.

I would value, for insurance purposes, this masterpiece at $143,017,916.03 but I am sure at auction someone with culture and class from New York or L.A. would bid far more....

Reply to
billy ray

This is just one example of rustic art that can be seen free in

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to