91 XJ: best way to clean out CCV system?

I know my system is clogged because I'm getting oil in my air cleaner (one of those not-so-great K&N air filters). Can you pop out the CCV fittings from the valve cover without removing the valve cover? What's the best way to clean out the fittings/hoses in the CCV system?

BTW, great newsgroup. I mostly just lurk since I'm a lousy mechanic.

Wblane

It is a plugged up small plastic tube from the rear grommet.

I used a piece of 12 ga insulated wire as a reamer and soaked mine in carb cleaner first.

Mike

Wblane wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain