CJ7: Voltage regulator

Hi,

I'm just reading the new book "Jeep CJ Rebuilders Manual" by Moses Ludel and there is a chapter covering Electrical and Ignition system upgrades. The main topic is installing a MSD 6 ignition unit, and he writes: "Like other electronic devices, the MSD/6 requires clean, reliable voltage signals. The Premier alternator and solid-state voltage regulator provide the juice. We are in the modern era and need to take advantage of this technology". Then there's a picture of this electronic device - the voltage regulator.

Last year a MSD 6 was installed in my CJ7 from 1979 (360), but without a voltage regulator. Is this regulator a MSD device ?, and where can I buy it ?. Do you have any comments/recommendations ?

Thanks,

Thomas Pedersen Denmark

Thomas Pedersen

L.W.(ßill)