CJ7: Voltage regulator

Hi,
I'm just reading the new book "Jeep CJ Rebuilders Manual" by Moses Ludel and there is a chapter covering Electrical and Ignition system upgrades. The
main topic is installing a MSD 6 ignition unit, and he writes: "Like other electronic devices, the MSD/6 requires clean, reliable voltage signals. The Premier alternator and solid-state voltage regulator provide the juice. We are in the modern era and need to take advantage of this technology". Then there's a picture of this electronic device - the voltage regulator.
Last year a MSD 6 was installed in my CJ7 from 1979 (360), but without a voltage regulator. Is this regulator a MSD device ?, and where can I buy it ?. Do you have any comments/recommendations ?
Thanks,
Thomas Pedersen Denmark
http://www.bernhard.dk/jeep130.jpg
Hi Thomas, I think you're trying to follow some bad third hand info. The voltage regulator would be the last place I'd choose to connect your brain box. If for your year AMC is still using a regulator and Motorola alternator, it will look like:
http://www.billhughes.com/motorolaAltWire.jpg and not if it's been converted to Delco, like:
http://www.matadorcoupe.com/images/DelcoInstalled-1.jpg Anyway, stick with your wiring instructions: http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/MSD_Digital_6.pdf and you can't go wrong. God Bless America, ill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com