93 ZJ AC trouble codes

OK, I put the old ATC system into diagnostic mode and here are the following codes I got.

33 --- circuit open --- Ambient Temp sensor 38 --- circuit open --- Mode Door feedback Circuit 43 --- circuit shorted --- Solar Sensor Input Circuit 52 --- door not responding --- Blend Air Door Actuator Drive Circuit

Now can anyone tell me where to find these items and how to go about trouble shooting them further? Anyone (Bill??) have some links or info on replacing them? or know of somewhere (or someone) online that has or can post the info??

Cheers

Snow... "Everyone needs a dog to blame the yellow snow on"

Reply to
Snow

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Snow did pass the time by typing:

Going by memory and a very poorly written service book. :/

Located on the lower radiator support member behind the grill. Connector might have fallen off or gotten corroded. I think it was in the center, but when you take the grill off it is right there.

Under the right side of the HVAC unit

Located on the defogger grill, top of dash, The black bumpy thing.

Pancake looking thing down by the passengers left foot (If I remember correctly)

This might help. I've got more pages but they arn't ditigal yet and the scanner is not cooperating with me today. Got another thing to fix. yay. :/

If you have had the climate control unit out the connector might have fallen off, or someone caught a foot on the loom.

Also check the #12 and #24 fuses 15A in the passenger side fuse bay.

Reply to
DougW

ATC/HVAC fault codes, not ECM fault codes. Different doodad. :)

Reply to
DougW

"> Going by memory and a very poorly written service book. :/

Ok This I found disconnected (assumming this also displays the outside temp. on the overhead console), it is now connected.

I'll look for it.

I'll check it out

I haven't had it out.. But I'll check things behind there. I'll check the harness first.

Will do.

Thanks Doug

Snow... "People like to make yellow snow too!!"

Reply to
Snow

BTW Doug, have you had the opportunity to check the values of the oil level sensor yet?

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Snow did pass the time by typing:

I keep on forgetting when I do the oil change. :(

I do know it's a pressure sensor and current is sent through it to ground and road salt/grime will cause a low-level warning. That indicates it could report level information but I doubt it is used that way, just a threashold circuit.

Reply to
DougW

Snow did pass the time by typing:

That's the unit. It feeds both via the data bus.

np

I have the manual ac on mine so taking pictures doesn't help and the shop manual is not friendly.

Reply to
DougW