'93 ZJ U-Joint Lubrication

We have a '93 ZJ with V-8. The Jeep is 12 years old with 90,000 miles. A couple of years ago it started to have a roughness that comes and goes. I have eliminated tires and balance as a source. Also the motor mounts have been replaced. Now I am looking at the U-Joints as a potential. Although the service manual says they are lubricated for life, what is life? It seems like 12 years and 90,000 miles would justify taking them apart and re-lubricating them.

There is one other thing after U-Joints. The Jeep dealer said there might be a problem in the torque converter. Don't recall what component was suspect, but it was not an inexpensive repair.

Reply to
Dick

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks Bill. I will do that right away. It looks like there are two on the rear drive shaft, two on the front drive shaft, and one on each end of the front axle for a total of six..

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Reply to