97 GC - Blower comes on by itself -- with no key!!

Jerry Bransford did pass the time by typing:

Could be. My manual is only good up till 96. So far it's been fairly reliable. Only the automatic climate control had a relay.

Wait a sec.. A brain cell way back in the dusty corner of my pointy head just thought of something. I remember a discussion about a relay being located behind (or possibly on) the climate control pannel. Can't for sure say which model or even if it was for a Jeep. That doesn't fit with my schematics, but who knows what they may have changed.

Reply to
DougW

I have the alldatadiy for the vehicle and the diagram shows it attached to the outside of blower unit under the dash. ( roughly beside a wiring plug with a harness ) The dealers guys are using the shop manuals, so, on the surface , it appears that the harness has been routed incorrectly at some point.

I did look at the blower unit before i took it in and recall only seeing a single harness to the blower, there was no other harness. I hadnt looked up the relay info then, i was checking out the blowers location.

It will be interesting to find out what the story is.

jt

DougW wrote:

Reply to
PoBoy