'97 idle problem

Yesterday, when I put my '97 GC, inline 6, into park after driving about

100miles, the idle was around 1500 rpm.?? After placing the jeep in drive, and back into park, it slowed to it's normal 700 or so. What's up with this? This hasn't happened today. I'm thinking about cleaning the connection on the TPS. Should I look at anything else? I have seen similar posts here, but I can't remember the suggestions....must be the age....(maybe me and the jeep!)

thanks!

cal

Reply to
Cal