99 Cherokee XJ Bumper

Looking for some bumper options for my XJ. Seems TJ's have a ton of options, reasonably priced too. I'd like to spend as little as possible, within reason. I'm looking for a beam style, tapered ends, with some options like D-rings, maybe a hitch, and some light tabs. A hoop or grill guard is not important, but might be nice.

I've seen these for wranglers for less than $200, but the XJ versions are all around $6-$700.

Any options or suggestions for me?

Thanks!

jjd

Reply to
Josh D

One reason it is expensive is you have to have frame extensions put on first and the bumper has to be structural unlike the TJ's. The TJ has a front cross member to add stiffness.

That said, the hitches built into the bumpers are 'not' for towing. They are for putting racks and such into in case that is what you have in mind.

Mike

Mike Romain

Josh, Try here.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Diegel

"Mark Diegel" wrote in news:VytLf.449128$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

XJ bumpers, custom4x4, rigidco,jcr offroad

Both are resonably priced. Check out
one of the guys just did front bumper install with a good set of pics in the last couple of days.

Reply to
Rich Pierson