accelerating problems

I could use a little help. I have an 89 Comanche, 4L automatic. A while ago the truck would start to miss as I accelerated. It idles fine, but as soon as I push the gas it would seem to miss. I was idling it to my mechanic and all of a sudden it was fine. I left it there and when he looked at it, no "missing". A week later - same problem. They put it on the computer etc. and came to the conclusion that it was the distributor. They put a new one in and presto-it didn't work. They sent it to a jeep dealership and they couldn't come up with anything. ( actually they said it may be a broken camshft but they wouldn't know for sure till they opened it up) Well BS to that. I put in a new O2 sesor and it worked fine for two weeks. It started again and I found the sensor plug had come apart - joined it - no go. Thought I might have contaminated it so i put a new one in -no go-idles fine but...I found a couple of map sensors and hooked one of them up and it worked fine. In the mean time my catalytic covertor was taken off and replaced with a straight pipe. The truck drove fine for a couple of hours and now we are back to the same problem-idles fine but as soon as you hit the gas its rough. I would appreciate any ideas.

Reply to
kinder

Pluggged up gas filter? It is located on the drivers side frame rail in front of the tank.

Mike

Mike Romain