AX15 Shift Tower Bushing Question

Ok, I have a 90YJ with the AX15 transmission. I pulled the shifter out from the top of the transmission and see that in the transmission shift tower is the remnants of a plastic bushing, a bit less than 2" in diameter. This bushing is what the large "ball" near the end of the shifter is supposed to rest upon. It seems that the shifter rod acutally rests on this bushing to provide a smoother shift and prevent metal on metal contact. My bushing is totally disintegrated. I call the stealership to check into the availability of this part. Not available. Can only get with the purchase of the entire shift tower piece, for the low price of $217. Has anybody else had to replace this plastic bushing in the shift tower? If so, what did you do?

mpv

Reply to
Michael Vincenty

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The shift cup nushing is the small one (3/4" disa) on the end on the shift stick at the botttom of teh shift tower. This different then the

2" dia one the the shifter slides in.

I ordered the one Bill linked to las year, and got the little one.

The big bushing is not sold any where seperatley you have to buy a new tower to replace it.

I got a new tower at a local wrecker for $25CND.

-Dan

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Dan