Battery Charging Voltage

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You may be running alternators Bill but you still don't understand why an amp meter is not the best gauge for determining the state of that particular type of charging system... and it's clear you never will. Perhaps you are just dead-set against anything made in the past 30 years, that's actually my take on you.

Your mind seems like concrete Bill, full of old mixed up ingredients and set hard against change.

Jerry

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, your weakness on electrical stuff is showing mightily.

Jerry

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Maybe a stretch here, but don't ya think that if your ALTERNATOR WAS TAKING A SHIT, your ammeter MIGHT show discharge?

Never seen an alternator that couldn't keep up at idle Jerry? And I thought you'd seen it all... If you could, please explain to us why, if they are useless in vehicles equipped with alternators, many vehicles continued to be equipped with ammeters long after alternators replaced generators.

Reply to
bllsht

That could be!

Reply to