Oil Pressure Gauge

2000 Cherokee Sport.4L,4WD 80,000 miles. Every now and then my oil gauge pegs at 80 when I start the vehicle.If it pegs when I start the car it will remain there for the entire trip .If at startup it works correctly it will remain working the entire trip. All other gauges work fine.I have replaced the sender and checked voltage at the sender.The sensor shares a ground with other devices that work properly. My question is does the pegged gauge indicate that all 5Volts from the PCM is passing thru or could there be no power getting to the gauge (magnet) allowing it to peg with less than 5Volts?

P.S. Already tried hitting dash/shaking wires. Thanks

Reply to
DanFXR

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

could be the sending unit is starting to go u/s. Mine has been acting up for the past couple of years.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow