Bolt-on Spring over conversion kit?

Hi! Wondering if anyone knows of a bolt-on spring over kit.

Also wondering about the weld-on kits. How critical is the heat and possible weakening(sp) of the axle. I can weld, but I am by no means a expert. The welds are solid but ugly.

94yj

tia Jim Oliver

Reply to
Marvin Oliver

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The weld on is the one you want. Don't bother buying the kit from RE or anyone else. Buy the 2.5" anti-wrap perches ($40), and 4" drop pitman arm ($60). You could also get a pitman arm for a ZJ Grand Cherokee that will work just as well. That with an SYE from Tom Wood is all you *really* need. You can extend the front brake lines by bending the tubing back around the frame and loosening the nut on the caliper and rotating the hose upward. For the rear, just remove the line from the anchor on the axle, and put the bolt back into the axle with washers to replace the anchor.

I didn't have a problem with melting my gear oil, but if you are worried, change it afterwards. BTW, changing gear oil now that your pinion will be sky high is a PITA.

HTH

Carl

Reply to
Carl

I've never heard of anybody making a bolt-on SOA kit. But if there is one, I sure as heck wouldn't opt for such an item. Ask around and find a good welder in town to do the job.

Terry

92YJ - SUA

Terry Jeffrey

Rocky-Road outfitters are the only people I know of that make a bolt-on SOA kit.

Carl

Reply to
Carl