Reply to
jbjeep

jbjeep did pass the time by typing:

Apart from the bowling ally?

Possibly here.

dealt with them though.

Reply to
DougW

A couple of years ago Kevin Sperle bought a Jeepster with a plywood tailgate. Light weight, corrosion and dent resistant...

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

got a link?

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

This place has new aftermarket ones for $99.95

't know if that's a great price but it sounds reasonable to me! You might want to go the salvage yard way to save money.

Nat Man

Reply to
Nat Man

Cool. Thanks for the link. I will take the info over to the neighbor this weekend.

Reply to
jbjeep

Real Jeeps don't have tailgates. Sheesh, Jen, everybody knows that.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Then what keeps all your "stuff" from falling out the back on the hills?????

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
RoyJ

You got a point there. He is nearly as bad as Rollover Pete.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
RoyJ

Well, the stuff that falls out of my Jeep falls over the sides when they become the bottom. There is no tailgate, the rear section is closed.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Roy is speaking from personal experience.

Speaking of experience, the place where we went for a ride those many years ago is now fully developed as a gated community.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

They paved paradise and put up a parkin' lot With a pink hotel, a boutique, and a swingin' hot spot Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you got till it's gone They paved paradise and put up a parking lot

They took all the trees, and put em in a tree museum And they charged the people a dollar and a half to see them Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you got till it's gone They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot

Hey farmer, farmer, put away your DDT I don't care about spots on my apples, LEAVE me the birds and the bees please Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you got till it's gone They paved paradise and put up a parking lot Hey now, they paved paradise to put up a parking lot Why not?

Listen, late last night, heard the screen door slam And a big yellow taxi took my girl away Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you got till it's gone They paved paradise and put up a parking lot Well, don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you got till it's gone They paved paradise to put up a parking lot Well now, they paved paradise And put up a parking lot

I don't wanna give it Why you wanna give it Why you wanna givin it all away Hey, hey, hey Now you wanna give it I should wanna give it Now you wanna givin it all away

Hey, paved paradise, put up a parking lot Paved paradise, and put up a parking lot

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Talking Heads, Nothing but Flowers, Album--Naked

Here we stand Like an Adam and an Eve Waterfalls The Garden of Eden Two fools in love So beautiful and strong The birds in the trees Are smiling upon them From the age of the dinosaurs Cars have run on gasoline Where, where have they gone? Now, it's nothing but flowers

There was a factory Now there are mountains and rivers you got it, you got it

We caught a rattlesnake Now we got something for dinner we got it, we got it

There was a shopping mall Now it's all covered with flowers you've got it, you've got it

If this is paradise I wish I had a lawnmower you've got it, you've got it

Years ago I was an angry young man I'd pretend That I was a billboard Standing tall By the side of the road I fell in love With a beautiful highway This used to be real estate Now it's only fields and trees Where, where is the town Now, it's nothing but flowers The highways and cars Were sacrificed for agriculture I thought that we'd start over But I guess I was wrong

Once there were parking lots Now it's a peaceful oasis you got it, you got it

This was a Pizza Hut Now it's all covered with daisies you got it, you got it

I miss the honky tonks, Dairy Queens, and 7-Elevens you got it, you got it

And as things fell apart Nobody paid much attention you got it, you got it

I dream of cherry pies, Candy bars, and chocolate chip cookies you got it, you got it

We used to microwave Now we just eat nuts and berries you got it, you got it

This was a discount store, Now it's turned into a cornfield you got it, you got it

Don't leave me stranded here I can't get used to this lifestyle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to