check gauges light & temp gauge

My 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee's check engine light came on 2 weeks ago the same day the motor for my driver side window died. I took the car in and had the window motor replaced & a temp coolant switch replaced. Since then the check engine light came back on & after having the codes read - the verdict is "engine coolant temp circuit low" - the check gauges light then came on the next day and the temp gauge reads anywhere from 100-240 and hits the red line at least 1 time per car trip over the last few days. This is still happening after replacing the thermostat 2 days ago. Im at a loss for what to "fix" next to get this resolved. The car seems to be running fine- but it really freaks me out when the temp gauge goes crazy and my check engine/gauges light comes on. The Jeep has 67000 miles on it - any advice?

Reply to
krazykitty

Yeah, go out this morning, before you start the thing and check the coolant level in the radiator(not the overflow jug). Bet you've got some air trapped in there from when you replaced the t/stat.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow