Cherokee oil pressure?

I have a cherokee 96 4.0. The oil pressure seems to be a bit off? It's a auto.

When started cold the gauge reads around 60 psi. Then once warms seems to drop down to around 40.

Is this norm. My wrangler never did this. Difference for automatic. ? or problem with the gauge? It does seem to drive a bit differnt warm...

140,000 miles.

Any ideas would be great...

-Brian

Reply to
Brian

Wow, that sounds like you actually have a working sender and gauge! Most likely the one in the Wrangler was crap.

Mike

Brian wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Somewhere I read that 10 psi per 1k rpm's is ok. So anything under 4000 rpm's at 40 psi should be fine. Also with that many miles in the summer months you may want a thicker oil if it's real hot in your area..

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo