CJ7 Windshield - Lower Bracket bolts

I am removing the windshield and hinges. Working on the lower hinges has been a problem. I have heated the bolts and got them to turn. On the driver side I had to drill them out, and discovered that they had nuts on the end of the bolts.

Here is the question. Do I have to remove the dash to get at the bolts(if they have nuts),. should I drill them out, or is there another (better) way to remove the lower windshield bracket?

Any help and/or tips would be appreciated.

Reply to
Cannon (O|||||||O)

L.W.(ßill)

Why not just cut off the head and tap the hole that you drilled out. Put in a new bolt and Pazaam youre done.

Brad

Reply to
Ghostbuster

Cannon (O|||||||O) ( snipped-for-privacy@dumbbot.com) wrote on Monday 24 May 2004

07:06 pm:

Yes, you can reach the nuts, if you're flexible with not overly-large arms and hands. It may take some awkward twist, though, like head on the floor and feet over the the seatback.

Reply to
Michael White

Ya, what he says.

I have long freaking arms and I 'can' get them with a 10" box end wrench, but it is way easier to just pull the dash, especially if you have anything more than a stock speaker in there...

Drilling is the easiest way of getting them out. Then replace. I went allen key.

Mike

Mike Romain

To make the angle more comfortable, add more lift. (I'm always trying to justify more lift)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Needham