CJ7 Upper Hinges

First time moving from half doors to full doors. The upper hinges seemingly have no thread to accept the screws on the lower half of this top hinges (Bracket mounts to body). Any suggestions--If I lower the windshield will the area be exposed?

Reply to
macloed

If you've got two hinges on each side you already got all of `em. There neither place nor need to add more. You CJ-7 doors should just drop right on.

macloed wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Say what?

The hinges are the same, nothing gets unscrewed or screwed. Either the door fits right on or you have the wrong door. My guess is you have the wrong door.

The top hinge is also the windshield hinge and you 'really' don't want to be trying to take that off. If you do, the dash must come off too to get to the nuts. The nuts are also thread sealed and you need a torch to break that free. This means the paint will get all burned off the hinge so expect to do a paint job if swapping hinges.

Mike

Mike Romain

This project is so easy that you have confused me with the complexity of it all.

Take the half-doors off. Hang the full doors in the spot where the half-doors formerly hung. The hinges are the same.

The hinge pins are on the doors, or should be.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland