clean injectors?

OK, crank sensor it was. It starts and runs. Now that I dumped all sorts of starting fluids and old gas down the tube to attempt to start my YJ, I think my injectors are dirty. I get a little "bucking" now and then while driving. I have to admit, when I took the intake off the body ( what 25 years ago I would have called the carb), inside looked horrible. All black a sooty and gummy. I also suspect that gas I poured in there was perhaps 2 cycle mix.

I already have replaced all the electrical components, so therefore I am assuming I am having a fuel issue now.

Any ideas on how to clean this area?

Thanks all, you've been a wonderful resource so far.

Reply to
Dave Lee

A tooth brush and carb cleaner!

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

One bottle of BG-44K will do the trick

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

popeyeball

I strongly recommend AGAINST the toothbrush - unless you first soak the handle to be sure the plastic and bristles don't melt in the cleaner. That disolved plastic is one flaming bitch to clean out once you get it in there. I use some fairly soft metal brushes I bought to clean my guns - the ones for a .22 are especially handy in the corners

- just d> A tooth brush and carb cleaner!

Reply to
Will Honea

so is that stuff really good or something?

Reply to
One out of many daves

One out of many daves did pass the time by typing:

I'll stick with seafoam from NAPA.

Reply to
DougW

It is the best stuff I have ever used and since I have been using it I have had no issues on the fuel system or anyother BG product. By far it is the best Pat Gauss Motor Week Writer based here in MD stakes his reputation on it and he is one of the top if not the top expert on anything that has an engine.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

I saw nothing there about BG-44K but thanks anyway!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

HarryS

Reply to