Crank position sensor - UK supplier please

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble starting my Jeep. Turns over but won't start. I think I've narrowed it down to the crank position sensor, everything else seems ok. From what I read they sometimes give up around now. Where will I get one quick. I'm in Dublin, Ireland and the name of a good supplier in the UK would be appreciated.

From previous experience with another brand 'R*nge R*v*r' it's better doing business in the UK as the dealers here don't stock anything. Of course this has happened now as it's due it's NCT(MOT) next week.

Thanks Diverman

4.0l Cherokee '93 93k miles
Reply to
Diverman

Try

Lighthouse Jeep Parts (no website) 01953 681237 EDM

01869 278942

Dave Milne

I recommend you try cleaning it's plug and socket with an electronic contact cleaner. They are only computer signal pins and they get dirty. WD40 will do as a cleaner in a pinch.

One other thing to check is the ground strap from the head to the firewall, they also go bad at that age. I use a booster cable from the battery negative tot he firewall to bypass it to test it.

Mike

Diverman wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks for the quick replies. The contacts are all clean and the straps look good. It's getting fuel and the pumps working. I'm getting fault code 11(no crank signal) and the sensor is giving resistance which I think it shouldn't so this is what makes me think it's the sensor.

-- Diverman

Reply to
Diverman

Diverman did pass the time by typing:

Went through the same issues on my 93 ZJ.

You can't really see the faults with a slow sensor unless you have a scope.

Reply to
DougW

Yes, that was it, the cps. All fixed now. Thanks all for the advice and thanks to Lighthouse jeep who sent me the part very quickly.

Diverman

Reply to
Diverman

Good news !