D-44 from Sc0ut in YJ?

A wheeling buddy of mine is a collector of Scouts and recently had one burn up so the rear D-44 is available. I know they are 1 3/4" narrower than the D-35, which is not a big deal, but the 5 on 5.5 is a problem. Can these be redrilled to 5 on 4.5? What about brakes? I'd like to keep the 11" drums, or convert to disk. Any ideas about the computability of the outer wheel assemblies of the optional TJ D-44 and this one?

Thanks,

Reply to
jeff

You can have the flanges and drums drilled to 5x4.5 for about $50. Another option is a set of spacer/adapters for about $100 to adapt to

5x4.5 and match your front track too. Better yet, convert the front 30 to locking hubs with 5x5.5 or fit a front 44 from a bronco, scout, or ford.

Steve

jeff wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Sell the scout axle to a CJ owner who can use it easier. Then you go shopping for a 8.8 from an explorer.

Reply to
Rusted