GC/Magnum price difference??!!

Which one of you experts is going to tell me why there's a $5K difference between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Dodge Magnum RT, both equipped with Hemis, AWD and pretty well loaded? No wonder they're selling RTs as fast as they can build 'em.

Reply to
Jack Carter

Jack Carter did pass the time by typing:

That and the RT looks awsome.

..for a station wagon that is.. :)

Actually, I'm looking at the RT as a possible next vehicle after the ZJ.

Reply to
DougW

Jack Carter proclaimed:

...because they can get it?

Reply to
Lon

Are you sure that the Magnum AWD is available with the Hemi? I just read a Car and Driver mini test that seemed to say that it was only available with the smaller non-hemi engine.

I drove a new Chrysler 300 a while back - the Hemi is a pretty potent powerplant and the car is very nice. The wagon looks really mean in person.

John

John Davies TLCA 14732

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Magnum is NOT AWD, currently it is offered only rear-drive format. YES the Magnum comes with the Hemi. The Magnum and the 300 are for all purposes the same vehicle. They are both built on the same platform, with the exact same engine line up. Difference is the obvious body style.

Snow... "ALL Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300's are proudly Made in CANADA"

93 XJ.
Reply to
Snow

Reply to
PoBoy

Funny.....The Magnum I just saw said "Hemi" on the front sides, "RT" on the right rear and "AWD" on the left rear of the hatchback.

Reply to
Jack Carter

My local dealer has one of each side by side in the showroom.. there is more than just a price difference.. AWD v QuadraDrive II.. towing capacity.. ground clearance.. general styling..

Both are ok but I would have thought that they are aimed at different market sectors..

Reply to
Mike Hall

Well its amazing what you can learn in a day..lol just went and double checked chryslers website and sure enough the magnum does have an AWD option, in fact it has 2 AWD options available (they seem more of a difference in trim levels and engine). Last I heard Chrysler wasn't bringing these out until 2006 when they plan to unveil the sedan version.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

John Davies proclaimed:

You may have gotten that backwards. See

"...the Chrysler Group?s 300 and Magnum family of vehicles, all of which are available with awd save the base V6 models."

Wait till you see the Charger.

Reply to
Lon

Snow proclaimed:

Sorry, but the 2005 Magnum does have AWD available. Oh, and the hemi is made a bit south of the border, as in Mexico.

Reply to
Lon