Hmm.. an E85 ZJ?

Been doing some gas saving web browsing. :)

It's an E85 converter kit from a company in Brazil. Unlike others I've seen that simply offer a manual adjustment for injector pulse width (more fuel to prevent going lean when using E85) this one actually taps into the O2 sensor to properly adjust the mix.

Seems that and ignition timing is the trick. E85 likes more advance as well. That's a bit more tricky but could be done with a minor mod to the distributor and installation of a boost regulated multispark system from MSD.

The part I'm intrigued with is that E85 is about 113 Octane. Having the blower requires the ZJ to run 92 minimum and I have to buy 93 from a race station to mix with the 91 that is common. By mixing E85 and cheaper 87 octane I can get 92 by keeping a ratio of 80% 87gas and 20% E85.

The 93 ZJ doesn't have any rubber parts that can be affected by ethanol. Even the service book says ethanol blends are safe although it only talks up to 15%.

The interesting bit is with 113 octane I could throw on the smaller drive pulley and jack up the boost. :)

"A blown engine is natures way of saying you shouldn't aught to gone and done that."

Reply to
DougW

** Posted from
**