Houston, TX jeep dealerships--any recomendations?

Hi all,

I'm back in this group after about 4 years of being away. I'll post a proper (re)introduction soon.

I am originally from NJ, but I am spending the summer in Houston, TX. I have a new '06 LJ and I am looking for any reccomendations for dealerships in the area with good service departments. If anyone here is from the houston area and can lend any insight, i would greatly appreciate it!

Its great to be back and to see a bunch of familiar names still on here after all these years!

Thanks,

-ryan

-- '06 LJ

Reply to
ryan.j.earley

Welcome back Ryan. Just don't mention the word "goat."

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Anyone with "earle" in his name, is OK by me.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I was using Deerbrook Forrest Jeep just North of Humble, TX on Rt. 59. Not cheap, but what dealer is? What they fixed stayed fixed. And if you're waiting for your Jeep to be serviced there's a Denny's close by. I retired last August and found a great Jeep dealer, but he's in Arizona. No help there.

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Is OK if you mean it in connection with TriPower or Hogan's....

mabar proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I suspect that it will depend upon what part of Houston you are located in... I'm on the SW side and use Archer... I had been over in New Orleans well before Katrina and was not at all impressed with the dealerships over there... Bergeron would not work on your vehicle if it wasn't perfectly stock... When Grace's WJ was being worked on there, they never could correct the problem with the noise from the transmission... Lakeshore Chrysler over there wasn't much better, even though I made the mistake of buying a new Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QuadCab pickup from them...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Thank you all for the information.

I am in the 'Med Center' area, not far from Reliant Park.

Right now, I have an appointment at Helfman River Oaks Jeep. No one had any very positive reviews of other places, and they seem close to my location.

Anyone heard anything negative about Helfman?

This is my 1st service (3K mi) on my new truck, so I am just being overcautious. after this one (or maybe the next), I should be back home in NJ where i can do it myself or know where to go.

Thanks again!

-ryan

Thanks again!

Reply to
ryan.j.earley

FOLLOWUP...for anyone searching on a similar question in the future.

I did go to Helfman River Oaks Jeep for the service. I filled out the online reservation form, and asked that let let me know how long to expect to wait. A service manager called me the next day to tell me it would be ~45 minutes.

I pulled up to find that they have 2 lines to check in. It is a HUGE facility (at least compared to dealerships I am used to). They were very friendly and very efficient. About 47 minutes later, they came to get me from their fairly comfortable waiting room. (There is also an IHOP and a Hooters right down the road, for those prefer pancakes or ...wings... while they wait.)

I chatted with the same servidce manager for a minute and he told me that they do over 200 cars some days in 40-something bays. Quite an operation.

No carwash or vaccuuming with the 3K service (the dealer back home usually does), but everything was done as stated.

Altogether, a positive experience, and I would recommend them. Theone downside with a place that big is that you probably never have the same tech work on your truck twice, as they must emply a small army.

Thanks for the input!

-ryan

-- '06 LJ

Reply to