How much of a pain to pull the driver door panel on a 95 ZJ Limited?

Window motor or mechanism making very slight grumbling noises only when rolling up, not down.

How much of a pain in the nose is it to pull the driver door panels off to get at the thing to see if it is falling apart or just needs a few shots of lithium grease or similar?

I have the FSM, but sometimes they tend to be a bit optimistic.

Reply to
Lon

Lon did pass the time by typing:

Mostly it's enclosed but the track and hinge might need some attention.

If it's like the 93 then just remove all the screws and slowly pry the panel back. Watch the fingers, that plastic is suprisingly sharp, cut the crap out of myself the first time.

Dunno if you have the little peggy things like these

they break.. Dealer want's too freaking much for them.I bought a bag of 50 from
DOOR TRIM PANEL RETAINER 18915 1 6.15

(this says Chrysler Caravan, Cirrus, Neon, Stratus & Voyager #6504014 1995-on but it's the same as the Jeep part, just white, not yellow, whaaaah!)

JEEP SCREW GROMMET - 25 19276 1 5.33

Reply to
DougW

Thanks will give it a shot. i know it has pop fasteners, dunno if the type that ger old and hard. If I see them, I might just order a few before I get a round tuit.

Just don't want anything busting in the meantime...

DougW proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Lon did pass the time by typing:

The pegs tend to crack. Then all you get is a bit of squeek from the door panel. thecliplink has a minimum order but I just picked up a few bags of different bits for other folks to make it over 20$ (I think that was the number)

Reply to
DougW