I'm one of you

Well boys and girls I have joined the numbers that can claim to be Jeep owners!

I just picked up a '76 CJ7 with a 304 and 59000 original miles! Wahoo! The body is far from flawless (I could always diamond plate it like everybody else), but the frame and engine are superb. I just replaced the mirrors which were missing - I'm sure that's the first in a long line of fix-ups!

And the best part, I can now put this in my sig! :

-- '76 CJ7 304

Reply to
Jay Stuler

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
David C. Moller

awesome! start saving lots of money... have fun!

Reply to
serg

cool! Pics??

Reply to
Jo

Enjoy, but don't count on 59,000 original miles unless you know ALL the owners personally.

59,000 miles works out to 2107 miles per year since it was new. If that was the case your body should still be pretty much flawless.

I see Jeeps all the time listed as "Original Miles" and I just chuckle half the time after seeing the condition they are in. Personally I would add at least a 2 in front of the 59,000

Enjoy it, there's a lot of great info on the web and good people to answer questions in here. Also you might check out offroad.com's small wheel base board and cjoffroad.com, those are two of my favorites.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Yeah I should mention that I take the "original miles" with a grain of salt. Which is probably what ate through the body. It supposedly "sat in a barn" for 10+ years. So it could rot just sitting there if it wasn't taken care of. Everything except for the body LOOKS like it would at 59,000. The engine is clean and runs like a champ, and everything else is free of rust. If it had a ton of miles I would have expected the frame and other parts to be in much worse condition. So I'm happy, even if it isn't really 59,000 original.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

OK maybe I'll start a project page - as soon as I start messing around with it I'll put up some pics :)

Reply to
Jay Stuler

Not really, it would depend a lot on the climate, maintenance, and whether it was garaged or not. In the town where I grew up it is not uncommon to find low mileage vehicles with totally rotted bodies. In fact, I used one of those rigs as a donor for the drivetrain of a truck I used to own. 8^)

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)