identifying rear axle 89 yj

these are the numbers I managed to get off the tag.

5300387 possibly a 1 at the end 07 605295 That is about all I can see my question is what ratio and is it limited slip. thanx for the help
Reply to
wraithyjeep

Why don't you just count to be sure? Tags mean crap usually on old vehicles, it could have been changed 10 times.

If you jack up both rear wheels and turn one, the other will spin opposite if you have an open diff and spin the same way with a limited slip or locker.

With one wheel in the air only and it in neutral, you put a chalk mark at the bottom of the wheel and on one ear of the rear u-joint. You then turn the tire two rotations while counting the driveshaft turns. If you get 3.88 turns of the driveshaft, you have 3.88 gears.

My CJ7 has 3.31 turns.

Mike

wraithyjeep wrote:

Reply to