Input anyone....Auburn Gear

Hi all. I would like to know if anyone here has had any dealings with Auburn Gear. Particularly with the Ected locker. I have an Ected in front and rear ( d30& d35), they have been in now for three months. The first time I used the front locker I had a hard time unlocking it, after I turned it off I had to go in reverse, turning hard left and then hard right for about a quarter mile,( all this time I was in a sandy wash) before it finally disengaged. The second time I used it, it would not disengage at all, had to drive home with front fully locked. I took it to the local Auburn distributor and they said it was the coil. Auburn said to ship the complete locker to them and they would diagnose the problem. Meanwhile I have been without "Mater" for two weeks now and am in desperate need of an off road fix. Now my questions. Has anyone ever had to send in their locker for "diagnoses"? Did they pay for shipping to and from? Did they replace the locker or just the part that was "diagnosed" as bad. I have tried to have a civil conversation with them, but they act like I am trying to screw them out of a million dollars. I think I should of went with ARB air lockers instead but I wanted a diff that would act like a limited slip while off and then fully locked when engaged and the Ected is the only one that would do that. Hope to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks in advance. Gary

Reply to
Gary

I had one of Auburn's cone lockers, that they have been making forever, in the rear end of a Ram Van. I never had any problem with it. Thanks for posting your experiences. I was toying with the idea of getting one of these units, but I guess I won't now. IMHO, the D30 and D35 are too light weight for "real" lockers. I think a Trac-Loc is about all they can really handle.

You could put a Trac-Loc in it while you are waiting. You didn't say which kind of vehicle you have.

Saludos,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I put an Ox locker in the front D 30 of my CJ last year, or year before, can't remember, anyway it has worked flawlessly since, engage or disengage instantly, I would recomend it for any front, or rear for that matter, but I prefer detroit in back, but not in a 35. Oh and by the way, all who think about going with the super 35 kit, I wheel with a guy that has replaced his gears twice now in his dana 35 with the super 35 kit from Superior.

Reply to
Greg

When you say "gears" if you mean ring and pinion I am thinking bent or worn housing. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton