Is my battery shot?

Reply to
Will Honea

give me the date code from your bat & i will tell you how old it is or, take a look at this link & scroll down to question 4

way, out of curiosity, let us know the agewarning: this does not work for all bats. it definitely works on johnsoncontrols branded bats(more than a dozen brands, depending on where they are sold, so chances aregood) but delco & possible others uses diffr scheme for their bats to see a list of johnson controls batteries follow this link
out common vehicle mfr's out the door - what's left is johnson's ownbrands

btw. in case you don't know

has been started & is maintained by johnson controls...

Reply to
Peter D.

It might well come back, as long as it didn't freeze, but I think you'll find that it'll take a fairly serious charger to make it happen. When a battery sits dead for very long the plates change and become harder to put a charge into. Here's a link that explains it, to some degree..

Read under the heading "Charge".

Good luck,

John

nds wrote: