Battery Life

I've a 2000 Camry LE with 95,000 miles. Typically how long (if there's such a thing) should the original battery last/be replaced.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Van De Warker

Youve gotten your moneys worth, Ive had off brands last 1 yr and good brands last 4-5

Reply to
m Ransley

I just replaced my 1998 Camry battery (OEM Panasonic). It seemed to be in good shape (blue light still visible) but I replaced it anyway after 6 1/2 years.

There is no fixed timeframe for how long a battery will last. A lot depends on how well it is maintained (make sure you add distilled water as needed). Batteries can be damaged from mechanical shock just by your car hitting a pot hole, and lead to premature failure. Extremely hot climates also hasten battery failure.

Reply to
Mark A

Thanks for the info; just what I wanted to know.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Van De Warker

Considering the inconvenience of a failed battery, I'd replace it now. Lead-acid battery life is shortened significantly if allowed to go flat,..even after just a few times. Yours must have been maintained and kept charged to last that long.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

kept

Ridiculous. My OEM Panasonic lasted 6 1/2 years in a cold weather state, and I just recently replaced it even though it was still fine and the blue light charge indicator was still glowing. If you have a Panasonic, and you kept the water at proper levels (distilled water only), it should last at least

5-6 years.

Don't know about the batteries they put in US made Camry's.

Reply to
Mark A

and

light

Jason James

Hi There, I have a 1995 4cyl 2.2 CAMRY. Purchased new. SEPT 16 1995. Its still on the original battery. Like you I keep wondering, But it shows ok in cold starts And SG with a hydrometer.

Its checked regular. But I am still amazed

In passing, I was employed in Hospital electronics dept for 35 years. We used to maintain Baby Incubators that were 12 volt Car Battery powered for emergency runs.

We changed the battery EVERY YEAR. regardless of condition. But that was LIFE Support.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

I used to do tech support on these!

Reply to
hachiroku

Every Panasonic I had wound upo with a shorted cell! One sprayed acid all over the inside of the hood, and the car was only 3 years old.

I miss the Yuasa batteries; those green ones they used to put in with no name. I had one come back to life and run for two years after only having

1/3 of the water it was supposed to have! And I just refilled it with water! Simply amazing. And people wonder why I like Japanese stuff!
Reply to
hachiroku