Jeep mechanic in North Atlanta area

Anyone in north Atlanta/Roswell/Alpharetta/Duluth have a recommendation for a shop that knows how to deal with lifted Jeep TJ's? My dealer is completely useless (and they won't even work on it with an aftermarket lift), and the place that installed the lift has gone out of business (bad sign, eh?).

I'm having major front end wobble/shaking/vibrating on my 2002, and I still haven't been able to find the cause, despite trying everything I've read in this newsgroup. :( I don't want to take it into a shop who has no idea how to deal with lifted Jeeps, so I'd like to find someone who has experience with 'em.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Justin M

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Bill -- I really wish that were the case, because I would have solved it already. :) I actually put a different set of wheels and tires (I have an offroad set and an onroad set) on to make absolutely sure it wasn't the wheels/tires doing it. Same results. :(

The two places I've taken it to blame the lift -- "oh, you need to remove the lift so we can diagnose it." Well, that's not going to happen. The dealer won't even look at it. I'm sure it's something stupid and simple, like bad wheel bearings (which I have no idea how to check, because they're sealed units) or a u-joint (which all look fine to me, but I probably don't know what I'm doing).

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Justin M

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

How long have you had the lift, what lift, what tires? Sounds like you may be having alignment issues.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo