Just lifted my Jeep. now I cant get into 4wd

Hey guys, quick question.

Now that I have lifted my 02 TJ, I cannot get my t-case to go into 4wd (or neutral for that matter). The guy who did the lift at the offroad shop said it was a simple fix with a 13mm wrench, but he is not ehre today and I was wondering if i could do it myself.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Brett Little

You can absolutely do it yourself... Chock up the wheels, apply the E-brake and make sure she isn't gonna move. Then crawl under there w/ the 13mm wrench. Have someone sit in the jeep and move the t-case shifter. You'll see the bracket and bolt you need to adjust moving/ The adjustment is REALLY easy once you see what it's doing.

It's kinda tough to explain where the lever is, which is why I say have someone move the t-case shifter while you look.

Loosen that bolt, move it to where it needs to be and tighten it back up. Take it for a spin down the block and see if you got it right... (you probably will). n.

I'm go look for a picture...

Reply to
Nathan Otis

I couldn't find a picture online and I hate doing things half way, so... Here's a road map.

Nathan Otis

Wow youre a lifesaver! Thanks a bunch. Im going out there right now to do it!

Before I purchased the lift I wouldnt have had any confidence to do this myself. When it was being installed at the shop, I helped the guy out because I wanted to learn (not to mention he was giving me a discount on labor). Im just an 18 year old kid that should know more about my Jeep. I saved my money since Feb. for this thing and the last few days have been the best learning experience for me.

Now for another question: Is it possible to purchase an adjustable rear trac bar? I need to adjust it cause the drivers side rear tire is rubbing on the coil spring just a little when i hit bumps and such. The reason for this is mainly because I am using the stock wheels, which I shouldnt be (they are the next thing on my list once I get the money).

Thanks a bunch guys!

Reply to
Brett Little

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Some hafta, some don't. I lucked out. I'm also running a body lift and the transfer case is lifted another couple inches above stock...

Bill brings up a good point though... If you get any rubbing, the tub can be "adjusted" for clearance. You might wanna watch out for rubbing on the tub under the shift boot in the Jeep, too. If you notice it's tough to get to (or stay in) 2nd, 4th or reverse especially. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Im guessing thats only if you drop the t-case, which I diddnt. I installed a SYE with a CV shaft.

Reply to
Brett Little