LF Misc Underhood YJ Parts

Hi, I'm looking for a few parts for my 89 YJ, here they are...

- Coolant overflow bottle cap

- Windshield washer bottle cap

I was also wondering if I should replace the flexible square hose that feeds air in the air cleaner from the radiator support. Mine was pretty much a piece of crap and I removed it.

Thanks, Nelson

PS Reply to ---> jeep at optikadesign dot net or just reply to this group

Reply to
Nelson

Gerald G. McGeorge

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I will second that big time!

I just posted a photo over on alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 of a YJ that didn't know he had an air scoop below his headlight. He got about two feet farther than the photo before the engine hydrolocked.

He was lucky, low rpm and no damage. We had to pull the plugs to get the water out.

Mike

"Gerald G. McGeorge" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

As far as I know Bill, only the round flex hose to the manifold for hot air is an emissions part.

Some YJ's have that square intake tube, some don't. Steve Seppala bought his YJ new and it didn't come with the hose, Snowboardripper also bought his YJ new and it has the square hose, much to his surprise when he followed my into water over the hood and got hydrolocked.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

LOL!

OK....

So what the heck is up with some stock YJ's having a duct or not.

Oops, I am in Canada where all you need is the hot air tube, ok, point made.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The square intake is not an emissions part. Only a real emissions Nazi would try to force the issue on it. It's only purpose was, as Bill pointed out, to function as a cold air intake. DC issued a bulletin many years ago instructing dealers to remove it, which is why some have it, some don't.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Go Arnie!!!!!!

Bet he would/will be good....

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

> to make it California Air Resources Board Approved. I suppose we could>> snorkel it out the top of hood, but it won't be left open under the>> hood.

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill,

Junk yards around here (Montreal) have no Jeeps anywhere or at least all of the 20 or so that I could find did not have any thing related to Wranglers or very limited stuff (major parts and interchangable parts from Cherokees).

Anyway I pretty much tought that the flex tube was not really necessary anyway, just wanted to make sure.

Nelson

89YJ

Reply to
Nelson

Thanks,

I won't be putting one back on, after all the comments and my idea about it!

Nelson

89YJ

Reply to
Nelson

Reply to
Will Honea

you have to do Smog every 90 days ?

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > LOL! : >

: > OK.... : >

: > So what the heck is up with some stock YJ's having a duct or not. : >

: > Oops, I am in Canada where all you need is the hot air tube, ok, point : > made. : >

: > Mike

Reply to
Dave Milne

That just means you have 90 days to register/renew after that smog inspection. After that, you'll need another inspection to register.

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

ah, got you now. We have yearly inspections.