Locking Gas Cap For Sale

LOCKING GAS CAP CJ YJ 77-90 MGC-792

begin 666 leftLine_16x3.gif M1TE&.#EA$ `#`/$`,?_____F?@```````"P`````$ `#```"!H2/J

Reply to
Arvin

Man nothing I hate worse than a liar!

You have nothing 'for sale', you are auctioning it off jerk!

Mike

Mike Romain

Somebody pee-peed in somebody's Fruity Pebbles this morning.

Shaggie

Hmmm... sounds like an offer to sell to me. I don't understand.

Steve

Guess I just have had to deal with one too many liars this week....

Mike

Mike Romain

I think you were rude over nothing and that an apology is in order.

Main Entry: sale Pronunciation: 'sA(&)l Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, from Old English sala, from Old Norse -- more at SELL

1 : the act of selling; specifically : the transfer of ownership of and title to property from one person to another for a price 2 a : opportunity of selling or being sold : DEMAND b : distribution by selling 3 : public disposal to the highest bidder : AUCTION 4 : a selling of goods at bargain prices 5 plural a : operations and activities involved in promoting and selling goods or services b : gross receipts

- for sale : available for purchase

- on sale 1 : for sale 2 : available for purchase at a reduced price

Shaggie

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thank you for sharing your opinion of me. It means a lot to me, let me tell you. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Main Entry: 1auc·tion Pronunciation: 'ok-sh&n Function: noun Etymology: Latin auction-, auctio, from augEre to increase -- more at EKE

1 : a sale of property to the highest bidder 2 : the act or process of bidding in some card games

See #1 entry. I'm glad I could clear that up for you! :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:29:07 -0500, "c" wrote:

...while this is a very cohesive argument, and I agree 100% with it, I must question the assumption (by Mike) that everyone would be knowledgeable of this unwritten rule. I have been playing actively with computers since Atari and commodores were top of the heap. I still remember working for 5 or 6 hours writing a basic program just to play it once or twice then have it be my bedtime and flick the switch deleting it forever.I remember stacker chips and peltier devices pushing the mighty 486 past the output of the new P 90 processor. I know most of the nuances of usenet. Many do not. IMHO when someone offers up a post such as this they should be advised of the proper proocol in a respecful mannner. I am sure Mike and/or Bill were not born with a silicon chip between their teeth. This object is for sale....to the highest bidder. A simple post letting the person know that they should use a differing form of expression would be the logical thing to do. Attacking them as a liar is uncalled for. In todays society it seems that such a slur against a mans charactor is easilly given and easilly accepted. I believe this is a very improper attitude. Of course the annonimity of usenet breeds beer muscles. I, however, believe by my old fqashioned values that the most important thing a man has is his integrity. I am humble enough to admit an error, if one presents it to me that I have erred....but youi damn well better be ready to stand against me if you accuse me of lying...when all I have had is a simple gramatical error. You, Mike, are tired of liars....well I am tired of pompous pricks hiding behind keyboards lashing out from the safety of their comfy dens and defaming men they think they will never meet. You may disagree with my opinion, that is your right. But if I ever err like this original poster did...please come to 7404 Pentecost Rd Cedar Grove NC 27231...and call me a liar to my face...no really please do.

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

...not at all. My full name posts with every post I make....just because I sign the post with a nickname does not change that fact in the least. As for my phone number....well if I wanted to listen to more gibberish I would have posted that, I, however, have better things to do...I can just as easilly read the immature ramblings. I posted my address so I could be contacted in person. by any who might think to defame me after I exposed their ignorance... ;-)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

OK, it's an auction and thanks for all the talk. I know someone in this group will need a locking gas cap after what they say here. ...well I did sell the CJ.

Reply to
Arvin

So what? I know people who worked w/mainframes long before there ever was an Atari anything.

Wblane