Looking for a fuse block 92 YJ 4.0L

I just can't find the right place to look. My fuse block's terminals (spring clips that hold the blades of the fuse) are loosening and in one case, breaking. One fuse just falls out when I go over a bump.

Where should I look for a fuse block?

Thanks!

Reply to
davehansen22

Dealer, junkyard. Can you jam something in there to keep the fuse from falling out?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

You might find something on Ebay too.

Reply to
nrs

A full sized GM van or GM car would have almost the identical panel or one that could be wired in I think if it is the one up under the dash by the e-brake. It matches the 86 CJ one close anyway.

Mike

Mike Romain

Funny, I ordered one from the dealer, pre-paid, and waited because it was backordered. Two months went by and then I called to find out. Between ordering it and checking two months later, it was dropped and no longer available.

I called a few junk yards but was told that electrical parts were hard to come by because they get snapped up so quickly. I'll keep looking though. I was hoping someone knew of a source for electrical parts like this. Thanks

Reply to
Dave Hansen

I wish I had a YJ here to compare it with, then I could say for sure because I have a GM one in the garage. A friend traded be a complete harness for a full sized GM van for some work on his van and I used it to replace all the rotted harness plugs and sockets when I rebuilt my CJ7. The all are the same.

The full sized GM vans are common in the wreckers. If the case comes apart in the same harness modules, the 'fuse' part of the box would swap over easy.

I am thinking on inviting a friend with a YJ over on the weekend for a BBQ, if it happens I will look.

What about companies like 'painless wiring' to name only one I can think of at this moment? There are a couple out there that make replacement harnesses, I would think they might sell just the fuse box.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Get one from a junkyard. You can take the terminals out to replace your bad ones.

Reply to
bllsht