Moab Trail closures

Ever driven Upper and Lower Helldorado? If so you may be part of history. This is a Utah guy who is keeping up to date with the new issue. He has been on the phone today with the BLM and the state educaton trust that use to own the land. His site will be updated wtih information as it is avalible.

Fletcher

Well that really sucks!

Reply to
jbjeep

Wow! This is going to be a real shock to the Moab 4x4 community. If it's public land that's one thing, perhaps because it's private a deal can be struck.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

How come the people that want to close the trails always seem more organized than those of us that want to keep them open?

Makes me wonder if I've done my part?

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

It seems trail closures are a big thing in the USA There is an organization that is trying to keep the recreational trails open for all. Check out

Kev> How come the people that want to close the trails always seem more organized

Reply to
FrankW

Here in Calaveras County we have gathered evidence of the lies told by those against any off-road use of our forest, and show up at public meetings with Forestry to stand our ground. Activism is the only thing that will keep us from being closed out of our public lands by SUV driving greens . If you think that you are not doing your part, it is time to either do something, or find a new hobby.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Good for you Paul. I know I missed a meeting a couple weeks ago about one of our best areas (21 rd. in Fruita, CO). Unfortunately there was no way I could go to the meeting (out of town), but I didn't call or write either. So if they close it, I can't point any fingers.

I sincerily encourage averyone who is not active in land use isssues to take notice.

Moab has a very active off-roading community and this one apparently flew under the radar. If it can happen there... it can happen anywhere.

I don't think I've done enough.... although I have been a good ambassador for 4x4ing when possible, and helped clean up trails when possible... I'm taking this as a wakeup call and gonna start trying to do more. I know I can spare a little money/time to help these organizations.

Even if you don't care about what is happening in Moab. Be active in your own area!

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

We have already lost that battle in the UK - there is practically nowhere to wheel now .. Fight for your rights - there will always be some vociferous old bastard who wants to walk his damn dog and some young softheaded tree hugger who will want to claim you are creating noise and damaging the environment...

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne