New Jeep tops

Hey all, has anyone heard about this new jeep top that is either manual or electric? It is a true convertible top, goes up and down in seconds. I am totally fed up with my "supertop" the thing is so noisy and a total pain to pout up and down. Is there anyone out there that feels the same way? I heard this new top is awesome and that it costs about $1500. Do you think that is too much to pay for an electric keyless top?

Help, I need some feedback.

Reply to
Alan

L.W.(ßill)

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

One positive, it sure does appear to have one heck of a departure angle.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I believe that the vehicle at the top of the following page featured an electric hydraulic top.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Approximately 11/10/03 15:43, DougW uttered for posterity:

Best demonstrated by driving the thing off Dead Horse Point near Moab, before that disease can spread to other jeeps.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I dunno, it looks to me like it slides back more like the old French SUV:

or

Approximately 11/10/03 16:04, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Earle Horton did pass the time by typing:

For certain the model on the upper right side had a manual top with assist.

..think about it..

Oh yea. I'm gonna burn for sure.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Anyone notice his e-mail addy snipped-for-privacy@JEEPTOP.net

makes me think this is SPAM! trying to drum up business for his new business.

Reply to
aGraham

____________________________

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

French SUV?! With a tiny 2 cylinder engine and 2 wheel drive that's hardly an SUV. The make is Citroen, model is 'CV' and they made as many of those as VW made Beetles I think. Real common cars, but not built too tough. Never heard of one with 4wd.

Cheers, - Jeff G Former 1964 Citroen DS19M owner

Reply to
Bubba Kahuna

Approximately 11/10/03 18:01, Bubba Kahuna uttered for posterity:

The Deux Chevaux is roughly the same age as the Beetle, with genuine 4 doors, far more suspension travel, and although the engine was more miniscule, [28 vs 36 hp] performance of the originals was similar due to the far lighter weight. Top speed 75 mph, 80-90 with a good tailwind.

Allegedly the two shared a common origin of concept, although the 2CV looked more like a Beetle done by an artist with a severe drug problem. And the Beetle never had driver adjustable headlamps to my knowledge.

And if you didn't mind being blown off by the local turtles, snails, and molasses, the offroad performance was superior to pretty much all of today's mall cruising crossover "SUV" wannabe's.

I dare say as many 2CV's have crossed the Sahara as Jeeps. And definitely more 2CV's made it across the original Paris-Kabul Rallye route than Jeeps. [1]

[1] Well, of course, only Citroens were allowed to enter the original.
Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
Will Honea

That was the first site to come up with the Jeepster I was looking for. I have a book around here somewhere but I just didn't feel like scanning it. My picture is black and white anyway. At any rate, that is the one, the only Jeepster model with the "real convertible top," ¿no?

Besides, I have French relatives, I grew up around French, and I happen to think that the French government did the right thing last year. I also have a little French flag that I wear pinned to my béret, but I think that you all know that already.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I love Jeepsters, but their departure angle sucks.

Reply to
TJim

...that picture reminds me of a girl I knew in elementary school...

Reply to
TJim

"Alan" , Here's some feedback:

If you are going to spam a special interest newsgroup don't attempt to hide your motives.

...that and get a more attractive model to show off your products. A bikini might help...

-Fred

Reply to
Fred W.